Delivering on its promise, Sony has started seeding the Android 4.4 KitKat update on its high end lineup from last year. The devices that are getting the Android 4.4 update include Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z. As is the case with every Android update, it won’t be present in all regions yet and should be rolled out gradually. Here’s what you can look forward to in the upcoming update:
- Android 4.4 KitKat –
- New UI with PS4-like animation and live wallpaper across the lock and home screens and revamped Status Bar and Quick Settings, along with customizable notifications.
- Updated Email, Smart Social Camera and Battery STAMINA Mode
- Updated Sony Media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration
- Xperia Themes with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select.
- Compatibility with SmartBand SWR10 and Lifelog app – enabling you to record social, physical and entertainment activities and have them all visualized in a beautiful interface
Sony has also claimed the Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia E1 and Xperia M2 are next in line to get the Android KitKat update and should start getting it by July.